Skip to Content

Referral Services

Referral to Community Services

The Counseling Center has a Referral Specialist on staff at the San Marcos campus who can assist students in learning about counseling and other resources (e.g. housing, food, health care) available in the community. Students at the Round Rock campus are welcome to attend appointments with the Referral Specialist via phone or video and can make an appointment by calling the main office at 512-245-2208.

In some situations students may benefit from more frequent, longer-term, or specialized care. In these cases a student will be offered the opportunity to consult with the Referral Specialist about alternate resources. 


Medication Service Referrals

If a student seeks Counseling Center services through an initial or urgent consultation appointment or is engaged in counseling at the Counseling Center, the clinicians may refer a student to the Student Health Center physician or psychiatrists for a medication evaluation.

If a student wishes to be referred to a Student Health Center psychiatrist only and is not seeking counseling services, the student should schedule an appointment with a physician or Nurse Practitioner at the Student Health Center and they will determine eligibility for an appointment with a psychiatrist.

A student may schedule an appointment with the Referral Specialist at the Counseling Center if the student would like assistance in finding a psychiatrist in the community.


Williamson County Resources

Click here for helpful resources in Williamson County.