To protect the health and wellness of the Counseling Center staff and other students, we strongly encourage clients who are feeling ill to call 512-245-2208 to cancel their appointment or request to proceed using Telemental Health (TMH).
If you or someone in your social, living, learning, work, or other close environment has symptoms of or tests positive for COVID-19 or the flu
OR you have two (2) or more of these symptoms:
- A fever of 100 Fahrenheit or more, chills, or sweating;
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or new or worsening cough;
- Sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell;
- Muscle or body aches, headache, or fatigue;
- Congestion or runny nose; or
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
please contact the office and DO NOT report to the Counseling Center in-person.
Cancellations due to these symptoms will not be counted towards the attendance policy.
If you arrive and the Counseling Center staff has reason to believe you are exhibiting such symptoms, you will be required to leave the office immediately and the Counseling Center staff may follow up with you via phone to check in with you.
Additionally, if you have questions about the COVID-19, the flu, or feel you would benefit from seeing a health care professional, please call 512-245-2161 (option 2) or go online to the Student Health Center. They can get you scheduled to see a provider.