Online Therapy-Telemental Health
To Find A Telemental Health Provider
The student has options to explore:
- Telemental Health Company/Platform (several shown below)
- Community Provider who is providing Telemental Health Services. The websites/Psychology Today, etc. are not current as to who is in-person versus Telementalhealth so the best method to confirm is to ask the counselor directly. Several of the links to these providers are shown below.
- Many are continuing to conduct counseling via Telemental Health.
- Opens option to go in person eventually
- Opens access to counselors in other parts of Texas who may be a good fit for the student
Telementalhealth with Insurance
It is important that the student contact the insurance company to determine their benefits. They should call Insurance (number on back of insurance card) and inquire regarding:
- Verify Insurance Coverage regarding Telemental Health
- Is a specific Telemental Health company (ie. MD Live, Teledoc, etc) required to be used?
- What is the cost for doing Telemental Health with a local provider vs. using the telehealth company (ie. MD Live, Teledoc, etc)
Go on website of insurance company and search for Telemental Health information
- BCBS Texas
- United Healthcare
May need a referral from PCP
Telemental Health ONLY Platforms -with or without insurance
Doctor on Demand
Tele Med 2 U